Thursday, July 05, 2012

Of Hugs and Kisses, XOXO

June 30th, 2012

The most ordinary day that means the world to me. :) One of my dearest friends got married (hip hip hooray!!)

Picture from here
Its been a while since I last went to Penang. So the last weekend spent there was really something that I looked forward to in a long time. But today, I'm not going to dwell on the trip. Allow me to just take a stroll down memory lane with my lovely roommates in UNIMAS.

My dearest girlfriends,

Its been 9 years since we've known each other! Oh how time flies!

I remember that fine day when we registered for university and I was with my friends and you were with yours. Yet lots of movement here and there caused us to end up in the same line together. How amazing it is that God put it in such a way that we four were clumped together into one room.

This then was the beginning of the adventures of CD141 (a.k.a Burping Gals)

Back when we so proud of our 2megapixel cameras.. :P (1st year in Uni)
On my 20th birthday. With my gals. (2nd year in Uni)




Beginnings are always tough but after initial adjustments, we pretty much couldn't be separated. We did almost everything together. From studying (Su Yin, this is you) to tennis (all four of us) to shopping, and eating; WE WERE INSEPARABLE. Years in Univerity passed by so quickly...

I remember when we got this we were all SO PROUD of it.. haha.. and how the colours matched the background
Here's proof! We really DID graduate! :)



3rd year went by so quickly. By the time we realised university was finishing, we all graduated! Time spent together was coming to an end and the future was filled with unknowns.







Even though our journey in UNIMAS ended, we knew this was never the end of our beautiful friendship. We made a promise that we must meet at least once a year. And till now, we've been faithful to that promise :) Thank you girls.

2007 - Kuching
2008 (April) - Dad's funeral - Kuching

2008 (October 4th) - Su Yin's wedding :) - Penang
2009 we didn't meet as a group but we did meet each other at different times. However, because we missed each other so much, we met in the beginning of 2010 back in the town where we first met. KUCHING :D
2010 - Kuching
Time flew by again so quickly. October 10th, 2010 came with the official news that Grace was getting married! :D
2011 (April 23rd) - Grace's wedding :) - Kota Kinabalu
By then, Christine was going out with Mike already and things seem to go well. But before she got hitched, we needed just one more meetup (whatever excuse to meet up right?). And so we did...
2011 (December) - Year end meet :) - Kuala Lumpur
Well, the next 2 photos is dedicated to Christine's wedding. Thank you my dear for allowing me to share the experience of such a beautiful wedding. After all that planning, it turned out SO well.

2012 (June 30th) - Christine's wedding :) - Penang
Su yin wasn't in this photo. She was on a plane ride from Tokyo to KL. I want to dedicate this section to her because she pretty much cut short her sampling trip in Japan to make it for Christine's wedding. Thank you dear for your sacrifice :). Although she did not make the church service in time....

2012 (June 30th) - Christine's reception (WITH SU YIN!!) - E&O Penang
She made it for the reception!*cheer*

I recently shared this with the girls and want to share it again:
"God knew.. He knew so well that we needed each other. Even many years down the road. It was all laid for us. Such a beautiful foundation of friendship. Nothing short of Divine. :) "

I can still remember so well. That one fine day when 4 lives would cross paths and create history.

Heavenly Father, I thank you SO deeply for these 3 girls whom you've put in my lives. You knew how much I needed them and till today I'm so grateful for them. You've given me angels that love me and care for me in so many ways. Thank you again. Amen.

My sweethearts, you've reminded me over the weekend how important friendships are. What more to say friendships that has crossed over into sisterhood. You all are amazing. I love you.

XOXO.

Ciao.

p.s.: Here's to friendships that means the world to you. You need them.

p.p.s: So..gals, its the 10th year next year.. where should we go? :)

2 comments:

  1. tear-jerking post. almost cried. Here's to many more years of friendship. love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. writing the blog I had the same feeling too.. But writing in a public place (a.k.a McD) was good to keep my tears in check.. hehe.. :) love you lots too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...