Saturday, April 09, 2011

A new leaf?

Regarding the title.. Why do we always say "turn over a new leaf"?? I mean when you turn over a leaf.. it just DOESN'T become new.. hmmm..

Right. To post proper...

In light of my post before this, I need to address a few matters..

I know my post was very impulsive and reactive BUT, I do not regret it for I am but only human and no one was harmed (except probably for my ego..). Anyway, I had Bible Study for homegroup and we covered Nehemiah Chapter 4. From that chapter, the verse that popped up to me was

After I look things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes." (Neh 4:14)
 Upon reaching this section of the passage for discussion, the Bible study leader commented something that struck me hard. And it sobered me from my anger over the previous post. This was he commented.

"When you see that God is bigger than your problems, you are comforted."
Immediately my brain went "Wow.. Okay God, I get it.. I'm sorry... I should be better than this.. I'll power through the storm because you indeed are greater than my problem" It was a lesson learnt and I promise myself to be a little more accepting although personally I still think that the job distribution is a little unfair on my part.

But hey, I guess if it doesn't break you, it MAKES you... and I have much to be thankful for that. Hence my title.

Ciao.

p.s.: Here's to all who have  experienced God knocking ever so gently on the door to remind us of HOW GREAT HE IS...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...