Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A taste of adulthood...

Monday... the day I dreaded....

But I did fine actually.. :) Managed to hand in my C.V to my faculty and also my final year project draft to my lecturer.. So I'm fine...

Then my friends told me there was going to be an interview session by Nestle (yes Milo, Maggi, Nestum, Nespray, Nestea, NesVita, etc....) for Managerial training program. They were all going to give it a try for fun. So there I was, begged by my friends to join in the group. I mean, I did get my C.V done so why not right?

Thoughts ran through my head.. My very first interview!!!! Not expecting anything, but a little experience that would really be a great exposure to my future job applications.

I went to the interview room, was asked to fill in a LOOOONNNNGGGG form only then was I sitted down. I was third in row after my fellow coursemates. There was three booths altogether so the three of us went first. After the interview, I discussed with my coursemates what was asked and the three of us had different reactions.

My other two coursemates said that their interviewers were the ones talking while they listened.. Guess what.. I was interviewed by the Chairman!!!! (Human Resource Director!!!) Aaaarrrghh!!! I personally had a scary time.. My interviewer had such a big presence that I actually felt very small sitting across him. (And I'm a relatively Big person)

He asked me on my credits and on my claims that I've held several posts in clubs. He also asked on what my expectations were if I were to work in Nestle. Other then that he gave me a CBI session (Competency something something). Was too intimidated to really hear anything.. And finally he ended the interview by giving me a little advice on interviews and what to expect from other future interviews ( I told him this was my first interview).

All in all it was an experience to remember and to gain from. I lost nothing but I had a brush with adulthood. I learned that I may be 21 but I am very far from being prepared. If this is just a little taste of what I'm going to get in the future, I better start getting ready....


I guess that is it for now, take care all.


Ciao.




p/s: Too all those who are stepping into the real world and going through the interview phase, All the best to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...