Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Sufficient Grace

"My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever." - Psalm 73:26 -

One event after another these past few days, have triggered so much sadness within me. Because of all these triggers, unresolved issues from the past are also arising and right now I'm just overwhelmed with such a heavy heart. I allowed myself to dwell in those emotions for a bit and I remember. I remember all the pain that I have gone through from before and it is very humbling.


All the anger.
All the bitterness.
All the sorrow.
All the pain.
All the sadness.
All the disappointments.
All the fear.


I allowed it.. Just for a moment.. And just for a moment, I hated myself again.

Going down this road was so familiar and I realise I had to snap out of this. Snap out of it and STEP out of it.

And in the ugliness of the moment God reminded me of a long forgotten song.

"Hold, me close let Your love surround me,
Bring me near draw me to Your side,
And as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle,
And I will soar with you, your Spirit leads me on,
In the power of Your love."


********************


Heavenly Father,

Forgive me. My flesh is weak but in my weakness, Your strength is made perfect. Lord, help me learn to keep relying on Your Grace for it is sufficient for me. Even as I continue on this journey to know you more, in moments like this, don't let me go. Remind me Lord, of the Love that you gave on that cross.

Your Grace is sufficient for me.

Amen.




Ciao.

p.s.: To all, God Grace is sufficient for us. As much as I still have to comprehend about this, slowly but surely God is revealing His unending mercy in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you hate yourself so much when I have found so much to like about you?
    You're an angel, Sarah, & God's blessing to this world.

    I mean it. You have been such an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I didn't know you felt that way. Thank you so much for your high regard.

    As for the angel, I don't think I deserve that, but again; THANK YOU, Jik Kam.

    And why I hate myself? So many reasons... and I would love to share them with you, face to face.

    God is healing me little by little but the journey is long more and days of bitterness such as this I can only expect to come once in a while. And comments like yours make days such as this bearable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...