Tuesday, March 01, 2011

To my future daughter...

Photo sourced from here


I joined an abstinence course a few years back and one of the activities that they made us do is to write a letter to our unborn child.

So I decided to write to my future daughter :) I came across the letter that I wrote tucked in my desk drawer while cleaning it and wanted to share it with you all.. So here it is:

My dear daughter, 

      I am now at a time in life where I'm being challenged to hold on to the truth. The truth of my values and beliefs as a woman. My dear girl, the truth of the matter is that you are more precious than you can ever imagine. The fact that you exist shows how important you are. 
       As you now begin to embark on a journey of discovering who you are, let me tell you that when it comes to the matters of love, waiting for the right person is the best. Just as your grandmother waited for your grandfather and I, now waiting,  for your father, I pray that you too will wait patiently for God to provide you your love. 
      Be wise too when in a relationship. Save yourself for your marriage. The first time should be the most special, where you give your virginity to only one person. Your husband. Refuse all offers from men who do not respect you as a woman. Do not compromise your dignity but instead be proud of it. 
      Always know that I LOVE YOU. DEARLY. DEEPLY. WHOLLY.

Love,
Your mother.


That's all for now.

Ciao.

p.s.: Here's to my future child, I love you. And to my future husband, I'll be waiting ;)

1 comment:

  1. i still have mine as well! i think your letter is pretty awesome and hopefully, someday, you'll have to the opportunity to actually give it away! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...