Monday, March 21, 2011

Features: Poem

Hey y'all!

As you can read below, our church camp just ended and many were moved by the experience. Anyway, one of those impacted by it was a youth member and she wrote a poem from it. Although simple, the words moved me and I would like to share it here with you all (yes, I have asked for her permission =D )

Here it is: -

I Need You, O Lord

Release me, O Lord,
From the sins of this world,
Let me in your fortress,
May Your power upon me be hurled

Speak to me, O Lord,
I yearn for Your voice,
Your words are like water,
With them I live, I rejoice.

Touch me, O Lord,
With Your everlasting love,
To the end of my days,
It's You I want to serve.

Fill me, O Lord,
With Your wondrous Spirit,
Lead me and guide me,
Day by day, bit by bit.

Overpower me, O Lord,
With your endless grace,
Against the Evil one,
Help me win this race.

I need You, O Lord,
Bestow your favour,
Reign in my life,
Forever and ever.

(c) Pan Eu Fern 2011

Beautiful right?? :) I'm so impressed with what she's written here and she's still SO Young!! Euffie dear, you've got an amazing talent for writing poems. Don't ever loose the passion. Love ya!

Ciao.

p.s.: Here's to all the poets and aspiring poets out there! Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...