Friday, October 01, 2010

Single all this while?

[NOTE: This post is an extraction from my old blog]


This post was extracted because one of my youth member came across it the other day she said it is exactly how she feels right now. It struck me how words written 3 years ago even though forgotten, can still impact others. And its mainly because of this I'm picking up blogging again. To make a difference...


Single all this while? (March 15, 2007)

As of this year, I will be turning 23 officially.. Not NOW but one day down the road this year :)
And as most people my age would understand, it is at about this time when the evermore famous question will start to come out…
“So ah, any boyfriend yet?”
*Sigh*
Is that all that can come across the mind of generally almost everyone when I mention that I’m 22 going on 23? Is it? Where is the hope of mankind? (okay… that sounded a little bit toooo drastic.. hehe)
And then to make matters worse, the question doesn’t just end there. It continues with a string of other “investigative” questions…
“So.. ah, any boyfriend yet? Who arh? When together? Settling down? Tell me everything ah!”
Right.
Why so pumped up about this question? Well, the other night ( I won’t mention when) I had a conversation with some people ( I won’t mention who) and they asked me theexact same question.. Of course not same words but the meaning is the same mah…
So I answered them…
“I don’t have a boyfriend and I NEVER did have one.”
They all (and there were quite a few of them) couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of my mouth..
Yes people… I am single.. And I have always been single.. From the day I was born until now. (Sheish.. I sound like a desperate advertisement). What is sooooo hard to believe about that? Many people go through the same situation that I do.. Some of the people I talk to still believe that I am pulling their legs..
Well, here is what I feel about singlehood at the moment…
First, I’m not tied down with commitment which means that I’m able to move around quite flexibly without worrying about slowing people down or people slowing me down.Next, I’m still young and by being single a little longer, I’m able to make more friends and thus able myself to widen my “choices”.. Hehe
Thirdly, with my situation back home in Kuching, being single now is the best thing because I can put my full attention towards helping my mom look after my dad. Lastly, this is the time where I can also focus on myself and get to know who I am and what I can be. To discover my potential on my own (of course have aid from above lar…).
I’m not saying that it is bad to be in a relationship. If you are in a relationship, good for you.. I’m also happy for you.. Is just that, I don’t understand why is it sooo difficult for people to believe that I have never had a boyfriend.. Its not that I don’t want… I do.. but just not now.
Okay, enough said.
Ciao.
p.s. Here’s to all single people (whether by choice or not), enjoy it while you can. Here’s also to those who are in a relationship, cherish every moment that you have. Take care.
*******************************************

Well, now at the age of 25, I'm still single but my stance has changed. I do feel that I'm ready for a relationship but I know that will come when God thinks its the right time. Till then, I'll just wait patiently :)

Ciao.

p.s. Here's to those who are waiting for the ONE. Be patient. The Good Lord will provide. Take care.

2 comments:

  1. I promise...by Jaci Velasquez

    Lord, You know my heart
    And all my desires
    And the secret things I'll never tell
    Lord, You know them well

    Though I may be young
    I see and understand
    That at times like sheep we go astray
    And things get out of hand

    Chorus:
    So I promise to be true to You
    To live my life in purity
    As unto You
    Waiting for the day
    When I hear You say
    Here is the one I have created
    Just for you

    Until then, O Lord
    I will be content
    Knowing that true love
    Will come someday
    It will only come from You

    ‘Cause I have seen the suffering
    That loneliness can cause
    When we choose to give our love away
    Without a righteous cause

    ReplyDelete
  2. suddenly thought of this song today..so i went to find it on youtube..

    remember now you've got an answer for the 'you got bf ah?' question.. :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...