Sunday, October 03, 2010

Creative..

Recently,

two of my youth members had to complete a poem for their English class. The teacher got the whole class to think of a word and write it down. One of them chose "DANCE", the other "AWESOME".. Outcome? Two very different poems that showed the creativity within them.

For this time around, I'm going to share the poem by the first girl. When I read through it, it exactly described my feelings about dance. (Recently I started taking classes and I'm really enjoying myself)

Alright, enough said, here is the poem:

DANCE ~ by Pan Eu Fern

One and two and three and four,

What is it like on the dance floor?

Something quite different, unlike anything before,

A whole new dimension to indulge and explore.


Dance is a passion, fueled by determination,

It’s more than just physical action.

It stirs up the strongest of any emotion,

An art so special, no words can mention.


A step, a pointe, a twirl to the right,

Movements precise, body firm and tight.

Of course, it can’t all be learned in one night,

It takes time, and all of one’s might.


A dancer’s balance and rhythm must be steady,

Her posture upright, she cannot appear lazy.

You see, dancing ain’t all happy and smiley,

It takes a lot of hard work, it’s not easy.


Discipline must come from within a dancer,

To master her steps, to do better.

That, with guidance from a gifted instructor,

Even the most intricate dance she can master.


But who am I to say all this,

For I am but a mere novice.

But I’ll show that I’m no immature miss,

I can, and will, succeed in this.


For I have found immense joy within my core,

As if on fire, I crave for more.

I will keep dancing, even with knees sore,

To satiate my desire for dancing lore.



Beautiful isn't it?? Such creativity at a young age.

Eu Fern, you inspire me.

Ciao.

p.s. Here's to all the aspiring dancers out there. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...