Sunday, December 12, 2010

Allygator (via Phoebe Simon)

Recently, one of my youth members took a big step in life where she migrated with her mum to Down Under. It was a whirlwind of farewells (practically almost everyday) left and right, front and back, up and down (okay okay... you get the idea)..

Anyway, Ally, I'll miss you sooooooo much and I know many friends that you've made along the years will miss you too.

Another one of my youth members wrote a poem for her and I thought it very appropriate to share it here with you all (yes, I have asked for permission). So here it is:-

Later, Allygator  (by Phoebe Simon)



It was just in time,
that a year ago, I came to meet sunshine.
She was the brightest thing ever,
A girl who moves mountains with her prayers.

There's a skill she perfected,
She puts smiles on everyone she affected.
There's something about that bubbly nature of hers,
It's a known fact, Ally's highly infectious!

I'm sure you know by now,
That I havent had enough of you,
Your bright light and oh wow,
Your funny language too.

But now off you go,
To the land down under,
Oh love, dont you know?
It's the right place for my allygator.

But please, dont you dare,
Look back and start to tear,
I know it's a different jungle out there,
Just remember, He'll never leave you astray.

Now look out, world,
So amazed you'll be,
To see what you're about to see,
Because here's a girl with a ton of strength,
Our sweetest little Ally Eng.


So here's to you dearest Ally. Make the best of your stay there in Australia. I'm sure I speak on behalf of all that we'll be looking forward to your coming back HOME...

Ciao.

p.s.: Here's to all who are missing loved ones abroad. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...